Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight

It's so nice when your friends are just as obsessed as you are about something! My friend, Kristen, turned me on to the Twilight series of books and I was hooked FAST! We decided to go to the 12:01 AM showing of the movie. Kristen and Adrienne got there at 3 pm to wait in line...they were pretty far back, but quickly made friends with some people at the front of the line and got us moved closer to the front! I couldn't make it to the theater until 7:30 (Tyson had to work!). So, I brought dinner for all of us and we ate as we continued to count down the minutes to the premiere! We had a great time talking and laughing and making friends with those around us! We were let into the theater at 10pm. We sat and talked some more....of course. Kristen and I had to go for a walk to wake ourselves up around 11pm (and NO, we were NOT the oldest ones there! But there were A LOT of teenagers! I later told Sarah that I can't wait to do this with her when she is older!)

YAY! The movie finally started at 12:01 AM! I was completely and totally disappointed in the movie! Yes, I know, the book is always better (and Tyson tells me that I am a book snob anyway), but this movie did the book NO justice. The main character was so poorly developed, I could not stand the direction, and I think that if you had not read the book, you would have been a little lost.

It was still a great time and I am glad that I went! A night out with the girls is never a bad thing!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

LOVE IT!!!! Who cares if the movie was lame...we had a great time!!!!